Monday, April 6, 2009

Rising slope

I didn't believe in love before I met Master; not even the abstract, theoretical, whimsical notion of it.

It's strange because I devour fairytales, and always saw beauty in relationships and companionship and commitment. But I just never believed that romantic love was real -- thinking it was just a gross exaggerration of that soothing comfort of friendship or familial love.

It seems unbelievable to suddenly experience this whole world of feelings I never knew before. It's ridiculous to me, that I used to debate whether this thing existed, when now it's not only obvious, it's persistant and encompassing.

And it amazes me, just amazes me, that it is still growing and growing with no sign of declining, or even plateauing, soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand what you mean, though my situation is different. I thought I'd been in love three different times before I met J and K (and I did love those three people, just not an all encompassing real love). And I don't love J and K yet. I don't know them well enough, but I know that the depth of feeling and compatibility and just plain right"ness" of it shows me how potential it has once it develops into love.