Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Give the Dog a Bone

On Saturday night after coming home from drinks, I gave Master a massage. He was drifting in and out of sleep, and after I was finished he called me to him and we cuddled for a bit. Then, he motioned to the pillow and sleeping bag on the floor and told me to go to bed. Neither of us had slept well the previous night, when we were sharing a bed, so from a practical aspect it made sense for me to be on the floor. Even if it hadn't been practical, I would have moved to the floor unquestioningly anyway. He told me to go sleep for a little while, and he'd bring me to the bed later.

So I went to sleep. But I couldn't help drifting in and out of my own sleep, always looking up, wondering if Master would wake up at some point and call me into bed. He didn't. So sighing to myself, I would just put my head back into the pillow and fall asleep again. In the morning, he did call for me, and my heart just leapt. It's already so needy, my desire to be near him. You would never believe my general level independance if you saw how quickly I rushed to him at that moment. It's almost unfathomable to me though, that in so little time, I'd be so starved for him. So full of desire that I couldn't sleep for want of his touch, that I derived excitement from so small a gesture of his summoning.

No comments: